Blogging just makes sense!
It offers a cost-effective means of building your brand and building your business. It can be an effective strategy for creating a competitive edge.
Business blogging is gaining in popularity as small businesses realize it benefits. In this post, you will discover what blogging can do for small businesses. First, we will define what it is. Then, we’ll cover what it can offer to small businesses and why it helps search engine ranking. Finally, we’ll explore why businesses should use the Empower Network platform for their blog.
What is blogging?
Blogging is the act of creating frequently updated posts that are chronologically organized like a journal. Blogs differ from traditional websites in that they are updated much more often and allow readers to interact.
Business blogs are a means for a business to connect with potential customers, share its expertise and drive more traffic.
What does blogging offer to small businesses?
Here are 10 reasons why it is important for your small business to have a blog:
1. Blogging humanizes your brand. It helps readers see your passion and understand your purpose. A blog builds positive branding and familiarity. A blog makes deeper connections than a newsletter does.
2. It lets entrepreneurs write their thoughts, publish them, and link to various resources–all by pushing a few buttons. Blog software companies, like Wordpress and Blogger, offer easy-to-use tools for your blog.
3. Blogs are much lower-cost and easier to update than traditional, stagnant websites. Small business owners don’t have to learn “html” nor hire web developers.
4. A blog gives you the freedom to post when you want and as often as you want.
5. A business blog is a method for regularly connecting with prospects and customers 24 hours a day. It makes it possible for customers to learn about the products and services you offer and to get to know you and your company.
6. Blogging generates feedback on your products and services.
7. A blog can also be an informal way to communicate with employees. They can read news daily and all get the same information.
8. A business blog can be a recruiting tool where potential employees can research the company’s policies, culture and processes.
9. A blog builds your credibility and gets people to trust you. “People buy into you before they buy from you.”
10. Your blog allows readers to respond to your posts with questions, comments and shares. Your readers are great prospects and are likely to become customers. The more interactions and engagement you have on your blog, the more interaction and engagement you will get on your blog. The conversations lead to more conversations.
Why does blogging helps with search engine ranking?
Blog are optimized for search engines. They are structured that way. Blogs are more search-engine friendly than websites.
Also, blogging is a great way to build links. Business owners can redirect these links to their website.
The more you blog, the more people will read your content and reference it in their posts linking back to your blog. So, blogging generates incoming links.
The search engines love good content, as well. The more often you produce good, fresh content, the more often the search engines will visit your blog to index your content. Plus, as you build up more and more great posts, Google will consider your site a good reference for certain search terms, and this will help your ranking.
Another reason why blogging helps to improve search rankings is that blogs create a base for anchoring all your marketing. Online marketing includes using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and many more. It can all get messy if they aren’t somehow connected. Plus, you can’t fully explain much on Twitter in 140 characters.
A blog is essential to increasing your web presence. Blogging allows you to give a full picture of who you are, what you do, and how you can help solve your readers problem.
To sum it all up, blogging serves many uses for internet marketing. It builds rapport and trust with your readers. This give you a great opportunity to deliver your message. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, it gives search engines reasons to visit your site more often. Improving your ranking benefits your online marketing efforts. Blogging regularly will help get you found when people search the net.
Are you blogging for your small business?